Novaki is an industrial city in western Slovakia, located at the foot of the Strazhovské Vrhy mountains. The population is about 4.5 thousand people.
Watch camera online in Novaki
Novaki is first mentioned in 1113. In 1431 and 1434 the settlement was plundered by the Hussites, in 1470 and 1472 by the Poles, in 1533 by the local robber knights. In 1626, during clashes between Catholics and Protestants, the inhabitants of the then Protestant Prievidza robbed Novaki. In 1626 and 1663 the Turks burned the city. At the beginning of the 18th century, the Novaks were invaded by the Kuruts. In 1898 a railway passed through Novaki. In 1938, construction began on a chemical plant, one of the largest in Slovakia. In 1941, a concentration camp was opened on the outskirts of Laskar, which was disbanded by partisans in 1944. 04/05/1944 The Red Army liberated the city from German and Hungarian troops. In 1961 Novaki became a city.