Ust-Kamenogorsk is the largest city in the east of Kazakhstan, the administrative center of the East Kazakhstan region (since 1939).
Online camera in Mall in Ust-Kamenogorsk
In the 9th-13th centuries, the Naiman and Kerey tribes lived on the territory of the Irtysh region. In the 15th century, during the formation of the Kazakh Khanate, these tribes entered the Middle Zhuz. In 1720, under the rule of the Dzungar Khanate, to search for gold in Yarkand, the Russian Empire founded the Ust-Kamenogorsk fortress, which in 1868 received the status of a city. Until 1932, the city was part of the Tomsk province, Omsk region, Altai province, Semipalatinsk province, Altai mountain district and Semipalatinsk district.
The city is located at the confluence of the Ulba River with the Irtysh River.